Monday, June 13, 2011
The Joy Of Sundays
As much as I love TV I hate it at the same time. I watch the food channel all to much. I love food. I love sweet foods. I could kill for a moist chocolate cupcake with "real" frosting right now. Can you guess what I am watching? Cake Boss...these guys can really make awesome cakes, and man they look so delish! My mom can make a killer cake too. She is really a talented person-I wish she would use this to her advantage, my advantage! This TV however, was a life saver the other night though! Alec has his Buddie stay the night and they were bored. These boys are almost 8, so what can they really do. Addie, is still in recovery mode so like I normally do, I can't take them anywhere. Watch TV, that's what they ended up doing. It was about 10 pm, this mama was tired. I was laying on couch and the boys were flipping through "NETFLIX" and found a show "Opposite Day" It was kinda funny but a bit boring as I was dozing off. They were laughing. It made me laugh watching them. Then it dawned on me. I seen a show as I was flipping through it earlier. A show I watched when I was younger and I laughed through the entire show. "Problem Child" So I encouraged them to watch it. Best move we made that night. They laughed so hard. Over and over. I think they like it! Well enough to watch "Problem Child 2" right after. They laughed just as much. It may have been a late night, but it was worth it to see how much fun they were having. Normally, I would have been bummed when Sunday came, for this means, I spend then whole day cleaning. Sure I can do it all week long too, but for some reason, by Sunday, it needs it even more, but this Sunday didn't bother me. I have the whole week off. With Addie having her tonsils out, I was blessed with the entire week off, WITHOUT anything I HAVE to do. So call this a REAL vacation. I actually used my time well. I played with my kids-sure I play with my kids alot, but I ACTUALLY played with them. Addie and I played "house" and "Barbies". How I wish I was a kid again. Alec and I watched a show together and played some x-box. It was nice to take that breath and not worry about playing catch up. Ah- the Joy of Sunday! I caught a picture of each of them taking a nap, all at the same time.
Yep, even this big kid. His love is for Sundays. Naps, sports, Naps. Sports. How lucky can one person get. Anywhoo, Addie has been doing OK since the surgery. I think she is bored more than she is in pain. She is a real active "go getter" and having to take a break to relax and keep everything on the DL is killing her inside. One minute shes up and the next down. She's a trooper though! Her sleep schedule is way messed up however. Wow, when we are sleeping, or trying to, she's awake and when we are awake she's sleeping. I really hope this can straighten out before I return to work. Fingers crossed! Alec and I have been thinking alot about his birthday coming up. July 1. He will officially be 8. Wow-definitely doesn't seem like that long ago. He has grew up so much. We have it narrowed to these two options. Pool party at the local pool, or at the Movie theatre. Both similar in price. We have done the pool thing a few times. Everyone loves to swim, so we have a big turn out. I just want to do something a little different. Idk, less than a week to figure it out. Dan is so funny when he sleeps. He gets so deep. Alec was asking him what channel WWE was on, and he just drifted off, so you wouldn't think he would be so deep into his sleep. Dans answer " rectangle, square, octagon". Ha ha. It was funny. Well another Ball game tonight. Addie didn't get to play, so Dan took Alec and I stayed behind with her. I've been pacing the floors with excitement waiting for them to return. I hate having to miss games. Alec's hates it when we miss too. Man-I hate waiting.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment